These days, everyone seems to have social media. But do we always enjoy being online? If you’re feeling like it’s getting a bit too much, take a look at how you’re using social media. For a bit of help, take a look at our Top 5 Tips for staying safe online.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR BEING SAFE ONLINE
- Make sure that all your accounts are private, and try to only accept friend requests from people you know and trust. After all, your safety is much more important than your follower count.
- Try to make your passwords are as strong as possible, by including capital letters, numbers and special characters. The more obscure the better.
- Don’t give out personal information
- Be careful about what you post
- Don’t hesitate to block people if you’re feeling unsure. Remember – you are in control